- This event has passed.
Pearls of Wisdom for the Entire Clinical Practice
12th Anniversary of Women in Dentistry!
6 CE Credits.
This Symposium has been designed to educate, inspire, and empower all women in dentistry! The goal of the symposium is to provide a full day session with concurrent half day program geared specifically for the entire dental team. Local and international speakers selected for this day are known for their excellence in clinical care in their respective specialties. Non-clinical topics will also be included which will equally enlighten all participants. Don’t miss out on this unique symposium abundant with education and specifically curated to host your entire team!
One of the many highlights of the day will be a keynote address by powerhouse Marie Henein, one of top 25 most influential lawyers in canada. This is an event you don’t want to miss!
Dentist – $299
Team Member – $179
Student – $99
Extended Early Bird Pricing Expires April 3rd!
In honour of International Women’s Day, Women In Dentistry has extended Early Bird Pricing to April 3rd, for Pearls of Wisdom for the Entire Clinical Practice Symposium.
In the day and age of information overload, multi-tasking and always being “on” and “available”, our minds can become distracted by the urgent at the expense of the important. We become so preoccupied by yesterday and tomorrow that we can no longer lead and excel in the present.
Both in professional and personal settings, most of us are expected to lead in helping organize, manage and direct the day to day. Given the abundance of “stuff” thrown our way, our leadership abilities may sometimes falter. The work of developing mindful leadership begins by recognizing how much time we spend in a mental state called “continuous partial attention”. We tend to react rather than respond to situations that arise in our professional and personal lives. This presentation will describe how cultivating focus, clarity, creativity and compassion are all essential traits of becoming a mindful and effective leader.
- Define and outline characteristics of a mindful leader in personal and professional spaces
- Understand the negative impact of “continuous partial attention”
- Outline how to respond to life’s challenges in a way which promotes focus, creativity, and compassion in daily life
This presentation will review the concepts of standard of care for comprehensive indirect restorations, treatment options, and minimally invasive techniques that can be utilized in everyday practice. New generation all-ceramic restorative materials including Lithium disilicate and Zirconia based materials will be reviewed comparatively concerning strength, esthetics, and clinical applications. Preparation and cementation techniques as well as product selection to maximize a successful clinical outcome will be reviewed. Predictable post-operative care will be discussed.
- A comparative review of all-ceramic restorative materials, focusing on strength, esthetics and clinical applications
- Preparation and cementation techniques
- Optimum post-operative care strategies
Medical emergencies in the Dental Office can be preventable if appropriate precautions are taken and adequate training of all office personal is in place. In a medical emergency situation, early detection and intervention is the key to patient safety and in some cases patient survival. Thankfully medical emergencies are a rare occurrence, however there are some common medical emergencies that have a higher incidence of occurrence in dental offices. In this presentation we will review the most common medical emergencies which can occur in a dental office and the best initial management protocol for each. We will also review the most current Basic Life Support protocols, emergency equipment and drugs that should be available in all dental offices to improve the outcomes of emergency situations.
- Review the most common medical emergencies in a dental office.
- Review the most current Basic Life Support protocols for the management of medical emergencies in a dental office.
- Discuss the safety equipment and drugs that can be used in a dental office setting to best manage medical emergencies.
MARIE HENEIN is a senior partner at Henein Hutchison LLP, recognized in Canadian Lawyer as one of the country’s Top Ten Litigation Boutiques. She has been interviewed on CBC’s The National, written for the Globe and Mail, and is a sought after speaker. Named Toronto’s 15th Most Powerful Person by Toronto Life, she has been repeatedly recognized as one of the Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers by Canadian Lawyer and was a recipient of the Laura Legge Award from the Law Society of Upper Canada and the Law Society of Upper Canada Medal. She lives in Toronto with her husband and two children.
The palate contains a variety of different tissues, including odontogenic, salivary, mesenchymal and lymphoid tissues, and is intimately related to the nasopharynx and oropharynx. Disease processes affecting the palate range from innocuous and insignificant to destructive and life-threatening. Therefore, lesions presenting in the palate may present challenges in diagnosis. Using a case-based approach, attendees will learn:
- How to formulate a differential diagnosis,
- About recent updates regarding the etiology of some of these lesions, and
- How to manage common and/or clinically significant lesions of the palate.
This session will involve an oral surgeon, a general dentist, and an orthodontist who will review various patient presentations. Solutions and treatment options will be discussed and debated regarding simple to more complex patient scenarios. Impacted teeth and implant care are among those topics to be discussed. The interdisciplinary approach will be highlighted.
- Appreciate rationale for extraction vs. saving teeth.
- Demonstrate multidisciplinary approach to treatment planning.
- Understand treatment options for various clinical scenarios.
Preservation of the crestal bone and soft tissue is paramount to the long term maintenance of dental implant function and esthetics. Multiple treatment protocols are available to the practitioner to assist him in making a rational decision. The main focus in implant dentistry has been on the hardware such as implant connections, implant surface, platform switching, and more recently on instrumentation and partial extraction therapy. The purpose of this presentation is to discuss new strategies in treatment planning approach to dentate vs edentulous patients by exploring concept of biology preservation.
- To understand different approach in treatment planning of dentate vs edentulous patients for dental implant placement.
- To understand the impact of teeth preservation on soft tissue and bone maintenance around dental implants
- To get familiarized with new advancements in surgical implant site preparation (partial extraction therapy, bone preparation, root banking)
Elevating the client experience is more important now than ever, join us to learn about new tools and techniques designed to compliment/advance your periodontal therapy programs. Investigate the compelling science and research for non-surgical periodontal therapy. Find out how diode laser technology combined with the implementation of self care protocols can optimize health, transform your day and create the ultimate dental hygiene experience.
- Understand the integration of the laser into the dental hygiene appointment, who can benefit and why.
- Review the scientific evidence to support the selection of diode laser therapy as part of an advanced treatment protocol.
- Discuss the essential collaborative efforts between client and clinician to achieve predictable outcomes and maintain optimal results.
This lecture will provide insights into the exciting domain of social media and dentistry, as well as the many opportunities it provides to dental professionals from all of the world. Topics will include developing a personal brand on social media, content creation, optimizing the Instagram algorithm, and creative ways to leverage social media to grow your dental career. Participants will be provided practical tips to establish and optimize social media in pursuit of their personal and professional goals.
- Turning your social media anxiety into opportunities for development and growth
- How to develop and curate effective content for your target social media audience
- Tips and tricks for optimizing the social media algorithm
Peri-implant maintenance is challenging! We must rely on detailed assessment protocols to collect information and identify risks while remaining current on biofilm reduction strategies for the professional and the patient. This evidence-based session will examine a systematic assessment approach, effective and safe treatment modalities, and the best self-care choices for those with implant-borne restorations.
- Utilize evidence-based protocols to assess and monitor dental implants
- Apply the new Classifications of Peri-implant Disease and Conditions
- Implement evidence-based guidelines for recall, maintenance, and self-care of patients with implant-borne restorations
As we continue to navigate through the new challenges presented with practicing in a pandemic we rely on our training, science and our commitment to providing the best care possible.
It is critical that our practices not only be safe but that our clients also feel safe.
Public Health Ontario provides guidance on the value of an annual IPAC refresher for all Dental office team members. It takes considerable time, effort and expense to put a practice into compliance, and so much can change in the course of a year! Staff can change, equipment can change, policies, procedures and regulations can change!
This seminar will focus on a review of current Public Health Ontario and Regulatory Body guidance, with a special adaptation to include the most current precautions specific to Covid 19.
Join in on a practical review of Infection Prevention and Control so that you can confirm that…YES, you are still compliant!
- Confirm importance of proper infection control protocols
- Review best practices for reprocessing as determined by Ontario Public Health
- Review Ontario Public Health Resources
One of the many highlights of the day will be a keynote address by powerhouse Marie Henein, one of the top 25 most influential lawyers in Canada. This is an event you don’t want to miss!
A donation will be made to the Restoring Smiles Foundation