- This event has passed.
Leadership in Dentistry: A Workshop in Leadership Excellence – for Women, By Women
October 6, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - October 27, 2022 @ 8:30 pm$199
October 6th, 13th 20th, 27th 7:00-8:30PM (EST) - $199 (For All 4 Evening Sessions in October)
In Canada and across the world, there are greater number of female practitioners graduating every year. Leadership programs are lacking in many dental schools. Most dentists who graduate are often managing and not leading in their dental practices. The challenges posed to female practitioners can be different than those posed to male colleagues. The aim of this program is to empower and encourage female leadership in dentistry, within the dental office and beyond. This is a leadership workshop uniquely developed for female dental professionals.
Dr. Sally Safa, Dr. Effie Habsha, Keynote Speaker: Daphna Smuckler (BDO)
In this lecture we will explore the qualities that make excellent leaders. We will delve into styles of leadership, and focus on mindful leadership. Mindful leadership has been shown to produce compassionate and focused leaders in many industries. We will explore why mindful leaders make the best leaders in dentistry.
- Define leadership and specifically mindful leadership styles
- Outline specific qualities that make effective leaders who can adapt and excel in times of change
- Discuss tools to help develop leadership skills that can be applied to any field of dentistry
JoAnn Lauterbach – Communication Expert
1. Intro & Understanding Minimizing Language
- What is it?
- Why does it happen?
- Who does it impact?
- Implications for your work?
2. Assertive Communication
- Defining what it is and is not.
- The role Personal Brand plays in communication choices
- How to move from minimizing to assertive choices
o Demonstrate examples
o 3-Step process to break the habit
4. Program Close and Next Steps
1. Participants will understand the differences and impact their habitual word choices have on others’ perceptions by exploring passive vs assertive examples.
2. Participants will explore the drivers of their communication habits and consider how to align their words with their personal brand.
3. Participants will learn a 3-Step process to replace verbal habits that do not serve with more assertive confident habits that do.
Sandie Baillargeon – Business Analyst/Dental Practice Management Advisor
How does a Leader Manage Human Resources in Dentistry?
The most valuable resources in your dental office are your human resources. Start off on the right foot and build a human resources infrastructure that is sustainable even during challenging times. This webinar will show you how to build an unshakable foundation of your human resources system to help you achieve sustainable growth and profitability, all in a low stress environment.
In this webinar you will learn:
- The beginning of your employee/employer relationship. How to hire carefully to protect your practice and be in compliance with labour laws.
- Relationship building and maintenance. The importance of feedback, motivation and leadership for team development.
- Bonus systems – do they really work?
· Ending the relationship. Terminate when necessary, but do it the right way
Expert panel of advisors from BMO group
Financial Empowerment for Women Dentist Professionals
The speakers for the finance session will be composed of a panel of advisors from BMO group
This program is eligible for 8 category 3 CE credits
Women in Dentistry is a locally approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD Credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 10/1/2019 to 9/30/2022. Provider #210738.