- This event has passed.
Demystifying Dental Adhesives and Cements – When do I use what!? A Hands-on Program – Postponed Until Further Notice
April 28 @ 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm$149
****Please note that this live event has been postponed until further notice****
3 CE Credits
Please join Dr. Effie Habsha and Ivoclar Vivadent for an evening of demystifying the myths of Cementation & Bonding.
Recent developments in restorative materials and cements continue to support practitioners’ ability to deliver aesthetic dental care. The proliferation of these therapeutic alternatives can be challenging, particularly when the clinician is treatment planning and selecting the proper techniques, ceramic systems and cements. Dr. Habsha will help you decipher the differences between ceramic materials and find the most suitable cement for almost any clinical situation, irrespective of the substrate: tooth structure or implant abutments.
The Hands-on component of the program will tie in the didactic knowledge with the clinical application.
1. Provide an overview of current ceramic materials including properties, indications and contraindications.
2. Outline difference between Adhesively Bonding, Conventional Cementation and Self-Adhesive Resin Cements.
3. Review cement properties and various cementation techniques.
4. Recommended cementation techniques for: All Ceramics, Lithium Disilicate (e.max), Zirconium Oxide, PFM and All-Metal restorations.
5. Recommended cementation techniques for: Veneers, Inlays, Onlays, Partial Crown, Full Coverage Crowns, Bridges and Root Posts.
Hands on Component:
1. Hands-on exercise to learn about cleaning and bonding a glass-ceramic restoration.
2. Hands-on exercise focusing on tips for easy clean-up.
3. Extensive hands-on exercises highlighting the adhesive bonding of an IPS e.max veneer, IPS e.max crown and zirconia crown on a model.
Dr. Effie Habsha
Women in Dentistry is a locally approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD Credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 10/1/2019 to 9/30/2022. Provider #210738.